Wednesday, August 3, 2016

MS Paint Mondays 50 (and 51)


Good Morning Readers! Hope you are all having a wonderful, Wednesday..? Yes, yes, I know it isn't Monday, but here in Costa Rica, both Monday and Tuesday were Virgin de Los Angeles day(s), or holidays dedicated to visit the Virgin Mary in Cartago, so MS Paint Monday this week has been pushed back until today, so with that said let's bounce to the beat of MS PAINT MO--ERM... WEDNESDAY!!!!!

--Thoughts of the day--


* In these times where people here take a pilgrimage to visit the Virgin Mary at an old church to reflect on themselves and truly ask for and remember what is important for them and their lives as well as the lives of their loved ones. 

* So often we meet someone who rubs us the wrong way and we just actively avoid them, or we express love and compassion for trivialities over things that actually matter. Basically people have a lot of their views and priorities skewed and this is a time we try and get that straightened out.

* What's sad is these revelations we have during times like this usually fizzle out until the next big holiday, like Christmas or New Years, only to continue on like this, it honestly is the little things we do and feel that we sometimes don't even realize we do it.



With all that said the first (yes, I making this a 2 paint week, since I started late) paint is titled "DD" for Douglas David, which was a co-worker who shamelessly flirted with our friend in the office to almost "rapey" standards and she didn't see it, we couldn't stand him and therefore reduced to avoiding him and giving him elementary school annoyance tactics in order to push him away, which honestly made us less mature than he. So this is an example of a person whom by avoiding I may have made them worse. People should attribute respect and even positive qualities towards all folks, making an effort to be friendly, even if someone doesn't rub you the right way. How is anyone supposed to grow, if you never even share a moment, conversation?



For paint numero dos, we have the quaintly named "Frank Sinatra.... lol". Yes, I actually added 3 dots and a lol to the title because I thought my pun was THAT hilarious, I am aware I am lame, but I am even lamer to have drawn this simply because the company bought us hot-dogs for lunch. As you can see, the aptly named sausage is singing "Love N' Mayo" which is a reference to the real Fran Sinatra's classic, "Love and Marriage", and yes even though this is a silly doodle with no deeper meaning, I thought it served as a good example at how easily we are able to thrust out powerful words in order to describe the mundane. Take Pizza for example, I really like pizza, a whole freaking lot, but I always tell Pizza that I love it, I am guilty of slightly killing the impact of the word love. The definition of love is so much broader than just a great affection for, and the fact that I can so effortlessly use it to describe a consumable over a person in my life speaks volumes of our own priorities in life... or maybe I am just overthinking it all, hmm, you tell me.

As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.



Much Love, Wachi

No comments:

Post a Comment