Tuesday, March 22, 2016

MS Paint Mondays 36 (and 37)



Readers, it's Tuesday and a week later, and I'm sorryyyyy!!! I am still part of the living, lol. These past couple of weeks have been incredibly hectic with meetings, mails, forms, and trainings, and I just needed a break from all things computer. But we are back, it's MS Paint Mon--er TUESDAY!!!!

--Thoughts of the day--


* So I currently find myself amidst mandatory ITIL training, various customer e-mails, meetings, and a form for one of my future plans is longer than Goku's journey down Snake Way, seriously, like 12 pages long, and I need to write a letter of recommendation about myself. *Ahem* 

* Anyhow, due to the fact that I have been so pre-occupied, I began to think back, to a simpler time, a time where I would come to work and be able to finish by lunch time, and it wasn't due to a lack of work either, but I was doing much simpler tasks, something that I begin to miss from day to day.

* However, I am incredibly thankful for my past 2 promotions, they have helped me learn so much, and given me plenty of opportunities, and way less daily tasks to do compared to my start, however these tasks, are lengthy and cluttered with twists and turns. Then again unlike the simple tasks, the harder ones give you authority to push others to move their processes to your needs, since no one will listen to a simple peon about escalations.

* It's truly an interesting balance, but is authority and power something worth giving up our peace of mind for? 

That said, this week's paints (yes with an 's' we plural this week ya'll) are based on a simpler time, from when I still failed quality exams, but others from my group passed them in perfection. Specifically these 2, who were in my training and eventually began dating, then it didn't last but that's not the point, it's a time celebrating when one would be recognized for their achievements, something that appears to happen way less the higher up the corporate ladder you get. Oh and I call this paint "Kat and Osvaldo´s double 100!"


Continuing on with the simpler life, I give you this paint from the 2010 world cup, during that time we had a screen in the middle where we could watch the games and make bets on them should we chose, in this paint, simply titled "My Conscience and Me World Cup" my conscience, Tusky, a mouthless, bunny eared boar (his origin is a story for another day) is pummeling me with a ball, for taking to partake in the beats and losing quite a bit, despite his warnings before hand. lol. Ah, the simpler inner struggles.

As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.

Much Love, Wachi


No comments:

Post a Comment