Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pseudo Inspiration can still Inspire




Hello my beautifully creative colleagues! Hope everyone is well!

I wanted to make a brief post today about a fun lesson I semi taught myself today. You see, I've noticed a large increment in random motivational or inspirational quotes on social media, and sure some are nice but most are just common sense or basic facts creatively rearranged with a nice font and background in order to give more "profound" meaning to the simple message. That said, me and my sarcastic self took this as a way to poke fun at these sorts people by making my own lazy and stupid inspirational quotes, with the challenge of making it them rhyme, and have a cutesy background, again as a joke to see how people would react... 


... So I came up with the following;


"The grass is greener in the summer sun. Only brown if its work is left undone."

"If life's bowl is empty and neat. It's still not time for you to eat."

"No matter how harsh or trivial the problem or bug, it'll always suffocate in the warm embrace of a marshmallow hug."

"Treat others well, make it your philosophy. In return you may end up in their autobiography"



As you can see they are all basic and "trivial" points commonly used in motivational posts, (work, patience, love, and recognition) I posted the same on my own social media thinking i'd confuse people or maybe catch them over-thinking thing, finding wisdom in what I simply considered idiocy... As time went by, however, I found people ended up really liking them, despite the simplicity, and the original purpose being to mock, I realized that it brought joy and genuine thought-provoking smiles from those who saw them; I was pleasantly surprised that my satire was taken so lovingly. It truly goes to show you how sometimes even silly pseudo-inspiration can still have meaning in someone's life, how different all our view points truly are where we can each dissect a silly little rhyme and find a hidden relevance in our own lives.

After seeing this effect, I honestly decided to make some more...


"If true burning passion is your mission! Ignite the coals that burn through opposition!"

"In order to love another's heart and keep it in your pocket. Look past what your eye sees through its judgmental socket."

"A misunderstanding is like hammering a nail incorrectly. You still get people into the subject, but they'll always hang there ineptly."

"Ignore the behind the scenes of your earthly birth, and focus on the highlights of your future heavenly worth."


And with that I managed to not only practice some silly rhymes, but I also brightened up others' day and learned a little more about how those close to me see things, such as a silly little "motivational" rhyme. It is a powerful reminder that even the simplest of gestures can produce some much needed compassion for someone, which is something that this world is sorely lacking.

Sappiness aside, this was a fun and interesting experience, and I invite you to try the same! Write your own short little rhyming inspirational posts, make them fun, silly, encouraging, what have you; but more importantly make them YOURS! Feel free to share what you create or tell me how those close to you reacted to your rhymes.

**If you have any other fun ideas to brighten up another's day through simplicity, feel free to share it and I'll try it out!**

Much Love, Wachi

No comments:

Post a Comment