Monday, August 10, 2015

I Was On TV

Random Life Update!!

***I Was on TV last week***

Hey howdy hey my cool cats and hip hyenas! Just wanted to log a somewhat out of the blue event in my life; which if it wasn't clear is the fact that I was invited to do a shout for a historical re-enactment for a national TV station here in Costa Rica known as "Informe 11". In case you are curious, the basic concept of the show is to do a dramatization of family names that are now found in our country and how they came to be; for example in our scenario it was two Irish men who were abducted by pirates and when they managed to escape after 2 years of capture they washed up in Costa Rica to start a new life, and therefore this new family lineage was born.

*Fun Fact: I love acting/theater, but I hate watching myself, so despite being pretty comfortable in front of a camera, I had no desire to watch myself lol.

Here's some pictures of me in costume/on the "set" because just text is boring to look at;


Obligatory Selfie

It's seriously scenes like this that make one reconsider working in an office, all the beautiful things one misses out on for stability.

As you can imagine wearing 3 layers of clothing and running around on the beach isn't the most comfortable experience but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I had a blast doing it, and I was blessed that my boss allowed me to miss this day at the office for this opportunity. The whole process took around 5 hours, but I met a lot of interesting people that day.

What? You want me to shut up and actually see the clip? Ugh... fine... here it is, it's in Spanish but I think it's pretty easy to understand, this episode was focused on the origin of 2 family names, Cartín and Amores;


Well, what did you think, I am beyond open to any constructive criticism. I felt I was a bit too exaggerated especially since the others seemed lax with a lot of the stage direction, regardless, I was told that they loved the way I handled myself and would like to have me in a future episode, which I'm not going to lie had me squealing like a schoolgirl.

Anyhow, that was my adventure last week, thanks for sticking around, if anyone has any fun tv tips/criticisms or a story they'd like to share I'd love to hear it.

Much Love,
Wachi


No comments:

Post a Comment