Monday, August 3, 2015

MS Paint Mondays 05




My readers, my readers how art thou this fine Monday? I hope it was as exciting if not more exciting than my own! But before I get into that, I want to welcome all to paint with me today, MS Paint that it!! WOOO IT'S MS PAINT MONDAY!!! 


--Thoughts of the day--

This Monday things went a bit different for me, on this day I didn't spend it at the office, but spent it in the outdoors, filming a historical retelling of a family name here in Costa Rica, and boy was that an experience, perhaps I'll talk about it in greater detail once it airs.

* Anyhow, I was reminded today that sometimes the most beautiful things in this world are right in our own backyard, but because we are forced to sit behind a monitor all day we don't allow ourselves to enjoy these simple luxuries, and I say that needs to change.

* Simplicity is a running theme here in the MS Paint Mondays posts, but that's a big part of happiness, not money or possessions, now yes, those things are nice, and we shouldn't settle for less, however, as beautiful as something shiny and new can be, you'll be surprised by the beauty and raw emotion of the simply things that you already have and do truly possess.

* Take time to reflect what you have accomplished, and use paint as a medium to express what you are, do, or love! Sure it's not the most advanced or beautiful program in the world, but it is simple, it is free, and it is something that can speak volumes when you use it to its full potential!!

* So please, break that routine, take an unexpected stroll or drive, enjoy what you tend to overlook, and give new breath to your life with nothing more than simplicity and a new appreciation!


This paint is one I like to call "Ignatious Crab of Desolation" fun fact, the name is from a historical fiction doodle I made long ago in 10th grade, this is a more updated and debatably cooler look of the character name I came up with so long ago, but at its core it is still quite a simple design. Made a slightly funkier background, though looking at it now it's like toothpaste swirls haha. The point is, keep it simple, whatever simple means to you, well that, only you can answer!

As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.

Much Love, Wachi

No comments:

Post a Comment