Tuesday, December 22, 2015

What challenges do we face creatively?


Aughh, readers, just "Aughh"!! You know what I'm saying? No? Of course you don't I can never ugh... I'm so frustrated..!! *Screeches into the heavens* Have you ever wanted to MS Paint on a Monday and you just can't? That creative frustration that we all face from time to time, not just with paint, but anything creative that you enjoy. You know the one, don't you?


OMG, I even spelled frustration wrong I'm so frustrated!! :P


There's always those fears and frustrations, such as fear of never getting noticed or recognized for your work, or perhaps (one i personally fear on the regular) not being good enough at what you love to do. Maybe you found a creative passion later in life and you feel you are simply too old to be good at it, or perhaps you are just getting started and you feel you are too young to get any attention. Another frustration of mine is due to the internet as a whole, sometimes I will have a thought or idea, and will work on it, only to find 20 other people have done something online displaying the same, killing off one's originality, and frustration of being unoriginal is one of the worst feelings.Or when you don't feel like you are actually progressing in your art (or craft of any sort), where you are even to the point where you are too ashamed to practice because of how awful you see your own art, and that in itself is another frustration that just ruins ones creativity...

As these are a few of the many self-criticisms and frustrations I layer onto my own creative self-conscious on a daily basis I thought many others may do the same as well, and that is when I conveniently stumbled onto this video, a TED talk in fact, and it was a breath of fresh air as far as creative motivators go, so I thought I'd share with all of you, my creative readers who find themselves frustrated and/or out of ideas, whether it be just a hobby or your career.

I'll put a couple of links to the same;

https://vimeo.com/130898948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-ZXiYtLy8


With this I leave you all today, hope this talk spoke to your creative selves as much as it did mine! I can't wait to see what all our future creations will become in the coming year!!

Happy Holidays!

Much Love,
Wachi


No comments:

Post a Comment