Friday, April 22, 2016

Mega MS Paint Monday Megamix (38 - 42)



Readers, I have no words other than the fact that I have been bogged down by life and work, however I have more than enough paints to make up for my absence. Now, I will be honest, I am low on sleep so I can't think of anything witty to say other than welcome to "MS Paint (Not-so)Mondays!!!"

--Thoughts of the day--


* Remember that stressful ITIL training I mentioned I was doing before? Yeah well it turns out another company yanked our training from the program so we wasted all that training time as no one could finish the material, hoo-ray! *grumble* *grumble*

* So with all the meetings and changes going on at my work currently, my mind has gone all over the place, and therefore my inspirations for these next few paints escapes me, but I am happy because it's Friday and I will get to sleep, so that must count for a thought of the day.. no? Well tough guacamole buddy!


With that in mind, huh? What do you mean with WHAT in mind?? Oh well whatever, one of this week's paints titled "Red Eyes" and it was birthed by a flashback to High school theater, when some good friends of mine and I tried to re-write the confusing film Red Eye starring Cillian Murphy, since none of us really understood it. It was basically nonsense, about a red eyed hacker hacking a hotel airplane that caused land sharks and mole people to commence an attack on humanity.... I am aware that that makes even less sense than the original premise, but hey sometimes, cluttered is memorable no? Well if not, then this clustered post will be a failed mess lolol.


Moving on, the second paint this week is a little more self-explanatory with its simple title of "Office Pranks" where I illustrate an experience where I actually flipped out over a fake coffee spill prank, I felt so lame, but it was so well done I couldn't be mad, I just needed to draw it. Simple paint is simple.


For ms paint numero tres, I have represented the 2 biggest mascots in Costa Rican soccer, the Liga's Lion and Saprissa's Monster. Now, I myself am not huge on soccer, never have been, in fact at age 6 my little league soccer coach told me I had no future in the sport, JUST.LIKE.THAT. However since the Liga is my home town's team I support them and root for them when they play, and it is officially, along with their rival Saprissa, the best team in Costa Rica, and a match between these two teams is always referred to as a "Clasico" or classic, a game where the stadiums will usually fill up and end with half partying and the other half sulking. Last clasico that took place Saprissa won unfortunately, though fortunately for me that means my home town was quiet and I could sleep peacefully lolol.




For number 4 of my ms paint megamix, is another flashback inspired paint titled ¨Skool Nurse¨, the story behind this one was at a time where I had to go to the school nurse and when she walked passed me to call me in for my appointment, she tripped in front of me, but she caught herself in the process, so instead of hitting the floor she simply choose to regain consciousness in the oddest manner, she literally dragged her foot, and let out a disgruntled moan, this zombie like walk cycle still makes me giggle to this day.



Last but not least moving along with the flashback inspired paint ideas that have quickly overtaken this long post, I give you "Pepsi Gym Emulation" this particularly sloppy paint is purposely done so, so as to faithfully represent this  art festival doodle that was once found in our high school. The year was 2008, the Gym lobby had full art on display, all very colorful, inked, and well crafted, well all except a piece titled, ¨Pepsi Gym¨, it depicted a sloppily done pencil drawing of a can of Pepsi working out. It spoke to me, it proved to me that sometimes less, truly is more, and therefore I created the fanart shown above, to always. remember such a classic moment... And with that long list of paints, I leave you.
As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.(My apologies a final time for the long, loooong, delay in regards to MS Paint Mondays.)


Much Love, Wachi

No comments:

Post a Comment