Monday, February 8, 2016

MS Paint Mondays 31



Hey Readers!! Hope you are well!! Soooo, just like last week I've really been getting back into anime, though let's be honest I can't draw it very well haha, even so let's start this week like the start of an explosive anime episode, where an ominous announcer screams out "MS PAINT MONDAYSSS!!!" Yes? YES!!

--Thoughts of the day--


* So like a continuation of last week's post I have gotten back into my love for anime, and found myself pondering the designs and styles; aside from the crazy hair and abnormally big eyes I mean. I mean most anime's make a game of "spot the protagonist" waaaay too easy on us.

* But aside from that I love seeing how many artist's represent alien lifeforms, creatures or even other cultures, seriously it shows how free they are with their art, even when they are being careful with it.

* One thing I have to greatly applaud is also the imagination of places and scenery, no offense to the western creators since they have pretty awesome set pieces from time to time, but anime has a weird way of making something known completely fresh and interesting. But relax I'm not transforming into a lvl 70 Otaku prince, simply taking a brief moment to enjoy the artistic side of the eastern anime is all.

All that said, here is today's MS Paint, regarding characters with interesting designs a colleague of mine suggested I draw Majin Buu and Jynx (original, not purple version) in my style so I did, and not to toot my own horn, but I feel this is a much better endeavor tan my attempt at Cell and Frieza way back in the early MS Paint Mondays lol. In the end, Jynx as well as an older character like Cyborg 008 of Cyborg 009 fame were both conceived as cultural representations that the west dubbed as racist, so it's interesting to see how designs changed based on other's receptions and misconceptions.

As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.

Much Love, Wachi

No comments:

Post a Comment