Monday, February 22, 2016

MS Paint Mondays 32 (and 33)



Viva my readers! Viva my readers!! Vivaa Vivaaaa MAH READERS!!! So sorry for missing last MS Paint Monday readers but I was off on a family vacation to Las Vegas (I may blog about that trip later), and despite the novelties, the wifi accessibility left a lot to be desired, however fret not for this week will be a double MS Paint Monday or a Mon-dos if you will (since it's 2 in Spanish).

--Thoughts of the day--


* As I am sure you have noticed in my past few MS Paint Mondays, I have been drawing a lot of "fan-art" of already existing characters whether it be people I know, creations of friends, or those in popular media, however when one wishes to break down creative barriers one should exercise their own imagination.

* That is to say create original characters, maybe you have an image in your head or maybe just a name or title for a character or piece, well work with that, as that is how a lot of new intellectual properties and mascots are created.

* With that in mind however, don't make it perfect on the first go, otherwise you will never finish it, trust me on this, instead let lose make it simple, fun, and maybe a little crappy and finish it! After which you will have a foundation to further build upon this new idea or character, and that will make perfecting them a heck of a lot easier than trying to get it right from the very first moment.


So with that out of the way I give you my first original character idea paint, "Mosquito Fairy Princess" now I know it's not much of a fairy princess, what with a hook instead of a wand, and nothing too princess-y about him, but you know, why stick to the name, maybe the juxtaposition between name and actual character can become an entertaining trope, who knows.....?

That thought brings us to this second paint that came from an idea for a name I had, which just happens to be this paints title, the "Sea Cow Saboteur" which similar to the Mosquito Fairy Princess paint, this character is not a sea cow at all, but a walrus. I don't know, I had fun with both of these characters but I am not sure if I will continue on these ideas, still I encourage you all to try creating simple yet original ideas for your own creative progression!!

As always, I hope this exercise helps you ease that weekly case of the Mondays and inspires you to start creating new things, and really help expand the creative construct that is your brain! I encourage you to share/send me your own MS Paint Monday creations, if I get enough I plan to do an MS Paint showcase at the end of every week so we can enjoy each other's styles and imaginations.

Much Love, Wachi


No comments:

Post a Comment